Re: [Freeipmi-users] ipmi support with HP iLO2 servers initial success!

From: Albert Chu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-users] ipmi support with HP iLO2 servers initial success!
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2011 09:55:50 -0800

Hi John,

The short answer is there are a number of bugs in the HP iLO firmware.
But some combination of options and/or workaround flags will get around
them and allow you to use FreeIPMI w/ HP iLO.  (Assuming no firmware
fixes have occurred since this thread.)  See the manpage for a list of
workarounds.

My recollection is a lot of HP iLO machines do not support IPMI 1.5,
only IPMI 2.0, so you'll have to use "-D=LAN_2_0" to use IPMI 2.0.

Al