[Freeipmi-users] Is there any way to limit access to ipmi nodes to speci

From: Kaiwang Chen
Subject: [Freeipmi-users] Is there any way to limit access to ipmi nodes to specified source IP addresses?
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 16:25:20 +0800

Hello list members,

 I am looking for some way to ensure access control for IPMI
lag access, because in my case the dedicated port of Dell iDRAC
Enterprise for remote control is connected to public network. Dell
iDRAC is able to limit access to tcp/22 so that only
trusted source can login to issue racadm commands, but it does not
apply to IPMI over LAN. IPMI does include something called firmware
firewall, looks like it is not for LAN access. Any advice?

Thanks,
Kaiwang