Re: [Freeipmi-users] ACER FS1100A motherboard, nothing in /dev, ipmi_si

From: G.W. Haywood
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-users] ACER FS1100A motherboard, nothing in /dev, ipmi_si fails to load.
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 11:23:01 +0000 (GMT)

Hi there,

On Sun, 15 Jan 2012, Al Chu wrote:

... It's possible IPMI is fully supported on your system, but you
can only communicate to a predefined address.

Any clue how to find out what that address might be?

It's usually provided by the vendor/manufacturer.

Yeah, I have asked...

... if it's memory-mapped?
...  The only systems I've seen that advertise memory-mapped did
so in error.

Oh, great.  I think I'll just buy a thermometer.

Good luck

Thanks very much once again for your time.

--

73,
Ged.