Re: [Freeipmi-users] ipmi support with HP iLO2 servers initial success!

From: Al Chu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-users] ipmi support with HP iLO2 servers initial success!
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2012 08:15:22 -0800

On Wed, 2012-02-01 at 07:31 -0800, john s. wrote:

> okay .. now i have modified the nagios config and 2 of 3 ilos are  working
> fine ......
>

> so far so good ....
>

>  until to this point  thanks for help
>

> but with the third ilo  i've got another problem
>
> he says that the user name is invalid .. :
>
> ipmi-sensors: username invalid
>
> the third ilo2 has an other fw ( newer):
>
> 2.07   08/17/2011
>
> is it possible that the new firmware update has an lock up protection or sth
> else

It's possible, although I doubt it.  There's likely just a config
problem leading to the "username" problem.  The config problem could be
from the server side, not nagios.  Don't know how you were configuring
your IPMI before (w/ HP software or otherwise).  FreeIPMI's bmc-config
is a way to see the current configuration.

Al