Re: [Freeipmi-users] Ipmi-oem : passowrd verification timeout while not

From: Albert Chu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-users] Ipmi-oem : passowrd verification timeout while not interactive
Date: Fri, 18 May 2012 10:32:38 -0700

Hi Nicolas,

I'm not sure why you would have this problem.  It should be identical.
Do all of the FreeIPMI tools on your system have this same behavior
(ipmi-sensors, ipmi-fru, etc.) or is it only ipmi-oem?

The 0.7.17.beta2 version is a maintenance branch in Debian that I
presently don't maintain (the last FreeIPMI release in that series in
0.7.16, which I just tried and appears to work).  I'm happy to look at
the code, there may have been a simple backporting bug, but can't get
access to their code repo right now.

In the meantime, perhaps you can try one of the newer versions of
FreeIPMI (I released 1.1.5 yesterday).  There also appears to be some
newer debian versions too.

Al