Re: [Freeipmi-users] Ipmi-oem : passowrd verification timeout while not

From: Albert Chu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-users] Ipmi-oem : passowrd verification timeout while not interactive
Date: Fri, 18 May 2012 10:45:53 -0700

On Fri, 2012-05-18 at 10:32 -0700, Albert Chu wrote:
> Hi Nicolas,
>
> I'm not sure why you would have this problem.  It should be identical.
> Do all of the FreeIPMI tools on your system have this same behavior
> (ipmi-sensors, ipmi-fru, etc.) or is it only ipmi-oem?
>
> The 0.7.17.beta2 version is a maintenance branch in Debian that I
> presently don't maintain (the last FreeIPMI release in that series in
> 0.7.16, which I just tried and appears to work).  I'm happy to look at
> the code, there may have been a simple backporting bug, but can't get
> access to their code repo right now.

Whoops, my bad.  I did release a 0.7.17.beta2 tar.gz, but never released
0.7.17 (0.8.1 came out and I ended maintenance on that line).

I know that there was a piece of code in ipmi-oem that was fairly
unportable to newer systems and was fixed in FreeIPMI 1.0.8:

FreeIPMI 1.0.8 - 10/27/11
o Fix ipmi-raw and ipmi-oem allocation bug on newer systems, such as
  RHEL6.

that could be your issue.  Any chance you can update?  If not I can work
w/ the debian maintainer on a backport patch.

Al