Re: [Freeipmi-users] Processor 2 Presence: entity absent

From: Albert Chu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-users] Processor 2 Presence: entity absent
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 09:59:08 -0700

Hi Tiago,

I think the best option is to specify to ipmimonitoring the specific
sensors you don't want reported (-R).  This is easy if you're scripting
something.  If you're not, defaults can be configured
into /etc/freeipmi/freeipmi.conf so you don't have to type it every time
(note that the config would be through ipmi-sensors not ipmimonitoring.
ipmimonitoring is a script around ipmi-sensors).

A slightly more advanced option is to try and disable this sensor via
ipmi-sensors-config.  Advanced sensor configuration can be tricky and
motherboards don't always like it/work well with it b/c vendors
typically assume the user will never try to change their defaults.  This
latter option isn't one I recommend for more inexperienced folks.

Al