Re: [Freeipmi-users] Unable to connect with IPMI on Supermicro X9DRFR

From: Simon Kuhn
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-users] Unable to connect with IPMI on Supermicro X9DRFR
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 03:59:59 -0700

Al,

Thanks for the pointers. We're using the latest publicly available IPMI
firmware for this motherboard.

The changes in the release branch, along with both workaround flags, seems to
have done the trick. ipmiconsole, ipmi-sel, ipmipower, ipmi-sensors,
ipmi-chassis all appear to work correctly in limited testing.

bmc-info only returns partial info (nothing after the GUID line), with the
error:

        ipmi_cmd_get_system_info_parameters_system_firmware_version_first_set:
privilege level insufficient

Running the command locally doesn't present that error. I'm not sure if this is
indicative of a larger problem or not.

From your description of the issue, it sounds like you're confident that the
root cause lies with Supermicro's IPMI implementation. I'll pursue them to fix
the issue on their side as well.

Simon