Re: [Freeipmi-users] Detect ipmi support for a board

From: Al Chu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-users] Detect ipmi support for a board
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 07:44:25 -0700

Hi Joan,

Thinking about this a little bit more.  If you wrote a script that did
the two commands I list in the FAQ (ipmi-locate and dmidecode), if you
cannot find IPMI via both of those mechanisms, I think with 99.99%
certainty, that system won't have IPMI.  It's hard for me to imagine a
modern-ish server not having something about IPMI in both of those
outputs.

Al