Re: [Freeipmi-users] Problem pasting data into ipmiconsole

From: David O'Shea
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-users] Problem pasting data into ipmiconsole
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2014 10:42:03 +1000

Hi Albert,

Thanks for your reply.  A workaround where I invoked an API to set the maximum
number of characters sent at a time sounds fine, I could do some experiments to
work out what value works with the iDRAC and report back so that this can be
documented.

Going back to my code where I want to interact with libipmiconsole, I assume
that with the current version of libipmiconsole, if I was to just write() to
the file descriptor in smaller chunks, that wouldn't help because
libipmiconsole might combine the chunks into a larger chunk that exceeds what
the iDRAC supports.  Is that correct?

Thanks in advance,
David