Re: [Freeipmi-users] Lost

From: Albert Chu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-users] Lost
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2014 16:05:24 -0700

ipmi-config is used to configure the hardware itself, not a piece of
software.

As the manpage states

----
Most users of will want to:

A) Run with --checkout to get a copy of the current configuration and store
it in a file. The standard output can be redirected to a file or a file can
be specified with the --filename option.

B) Edit the configuration file with an editor.

C) Commit the configuration back using the --commit option and specifying
the configuration file with the --filename option. The configuration can be
committed to multiple hosts in parallel via the hostrange support.
----

The config files in /etc/freeipmi are to configure alternate default values
to many of the FreeIPMI tools.

Al