[Freeipmi-users] ipmiconsole output non human-readable data on Tyan FT77

From: Григорий Пташко
Subject: [Freeipmi-users] ipmiconsole output non human-readable data on Tyan FT77AB7059
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2014 19:29:37 +0400

Hello.

I've got a problem with getting the human-readable output from ipmiconsole.
I use it a lot during my expriments with PXE booting my servers.
I've got two types of platforms: Supermicro and Tyan. On the Supermicro
platform the command

$ ipmiconsole -h host -u user -p password

gives a completely human-readable output. But on the Tyan platform it gives
the following (I'm attaching a screenshot, it's not big):

http://goo.gl/console=tty0q1oI63 <http://goo.gl/q1oI63>

My Tyan platform model is FT77AB7059. Here's its web page
http://goo.gl/SzhjdB.

Using the standard JViewer that is shipped with the Tyan platform's BMC web
interface is OK. I see human-readable output. But ipmiconsole show garbage.

Also, here's the kernel's cmdline for my PXE boot and the SERIAL option
from the
pxelinux.cfg/default. There are some serial properties that might help:

SERIAL 0 115200

APPEND xen.gz console=com0 com0=115200,8n1 --- bzImage ...
console=ttyS0,115200n8 console=tty0  --- initrd.img

I've removed everything except the logging to console options.

What can be the problem for ipmiconsole?

Thank you.

--
Best regards,
Grigory Ptashko