Re: [Freeipmi-users] Remotely change a user password without a timeout

From: dan farmer
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-users] Remotely change a user password without a timeout
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2014 09:59:00 -0800

60s is the recommended default, but can be changed by the vendor… or,
if you’re on a serial/modem line, you can change this with the set serial/modem
configuration command to disable this (I don’t know of anyway to change it over
other channels or even find out what it is outside of experimenting or via their
docs, but it might be possible), but vendors might have various options to help
out.

Hank’s advice is sound; but you can also crank up the verbose options or watch
via a packet sniffer to see if anything is going on that’s not being reported.
You
might also try a different tool (ipmiutil/ipmitool/etc) to see if they all
timeout,
or if ipmi-config is tickling a bug (on either side.)

— d