Re: [Freeipmi-users] Bridging sensor threshold requests

From: Chu, Al
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-users] Bridging sensor threshold requests
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2015 17:49:42 +0000

The main FreeIPMI sdr library is in libfreeipmi/include/freeipmi/sdr/ipmi-sdr.h
(<freeipmi/sdr/ipmi-sdr.h after install) so that could conceivably be used.
When turning on debuging, it outputs to stderr, so it could just be redirected
to a file.  If that's not sufficient, calling ipmi_dump_sdr_record in the
include/freeipmi/debug/ipmi-debug.h part of the library is your ownly way.

An easier hacky-way without writing a lot of code might be to take the
libipmimonitoring example (contrib/libipmimonitoring) and turn on debugging
that can be redirected.  Hack it up so that it doesn't retrieve any sensors,
such as by specifying a set of record IDs that you know don't exist.  You'll
also want to specify the REREAD_SDR flag to read the SDR every time.

Hope that leads you in the right direction.