Re: [Freeipmi-users] ipmi_ctx_open_outofband_2_0: bad completion code (S

From: Albert Chu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-users] ipmi_ctx_open_outofband_2_0: bad completion code (Supermicro X9DR7-LN4F, firmware 3.40)
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2016 10:41:53 -0700

Hey Werner,

Glad it's working.  Looking through your log, there may have been a bug
on the board initially.  If the LAN_Privilege_Limit is not output by
bmc-config --checkout, it could be b/c the board contains an illegal
value, which is due to an error from the vendor on its initial defaults.

It's not clear to me why FreeIPMI 1.5.2 worked but 1.2.9.  There's a
chance it was "luck", as it's possible other configs on the board had to
be committed first.  So by the time you tried 1.5.2, it happened to
work ..?? :)

Al