Re: [Freeipmi-users] Sending serial data to remote in ipmiconsole

From: Albert Chu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-users] Sending serial data to remote in ipmiconsole
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2016 10:08:58 -0700

Hi,

Are you trying to send raw serial bytes directly to the other side?

The way things are written right now, no.  ipmiconsole is predominantly
for connecting to a serial console session, which typically means
connecting to an agetty session on Linux.  If you're having trouble
setting this up, this may be a good pointer.

http://www.gnu.org/software/freeipmi/freeipmi-faq.html#What-setup-is-needed-for-Serial-over-LAN-_0028SOL_0029-or-Ipmiconsole_003f

However, with a few tweaks I suppose raw bytes would be doable.

Al