Re: [Freeipmi-users] Ipmi sensor connection timeout

From: Albert Chu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-users] Ipmi sensor connection timeout
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2018 09:50:57 -0700

IPMI networking configuration on the remote side is not related to the
vendor's web interface.  In FreeIPMI, you can configure IPMI
networking via the ipmi-config command.

In addition, some vendors only allow IPMI over LAN to work on specific
ethernet NICs or must be enabled via a setting in the BIOS.  I would
consult your vendor's documentation for setting up IPMI over LAN for
their hardware.

Al