Re: [Freeipmi-users] Problems with getting settings in freeipmi_interpre

From: FRANK Michael
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-users] Problems with getting settings in freeipmi_interpret_sensor.conf to work
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2019 13:51:29 +0000

Hello Al,

Thank you very much for your quick fix and this very useful software.
We using freeipmi on 300 monitoring server all over the world to monitor our
mission critical servers.
Without your software it wouldn’t be possible.
I hoped that I can do an easy fix for that with the simple change in the
configuration file. Exchanging the software on 300 servers could become quite
cumbersome.

Nevertheless the fix is working:

ID    | Name                                  | Type          | State        |
Reading | Units | Event
124 | Group Drive Mismatch | Drive Slot | Nominal  | N/A        | N/A   |
'transition to OK'

Unfortunately I have some more on this server:

162 | Management Controller Firmware 97 ME Status        | Management Subsystem
Health | N/A      | N/A        | N/A         | 'OK'
17   | Power Unit 1 PSU Mismatch
| Power Unit                                            | N/A      | N/A
| N/A         | 'transition to OK'
18   | Power Unit 1 PS Heavy Load
 | Power Unit                                            | N/A      | N/A
 | N/A         | 'State Deasserted'
58   | System Management Software XCC FW Corrupted   | System Firmware Progress
            | N/A      | N/A        | N/A         | 'OK'
60   | System Management Software Low Security Jmp      | Management Subsystem
Health  | N/A      | N/A        | N/A         | 'Device Removed/Device Absent'
61   | System Management Software Phy Presence Jmp    | System Firmware
Progress               N/A      | N/A        | N/A         | 'Device
Removed/Device Absent'
77   | Add-in Card 1 RAID Log
        | System Event                                        | N/A      | N/A
      | N/A         | 'OK'

Record ID: 162
Record Type: Compact Sensor Record (2h)
ID String: ME Status
Sensor Type: Management Subsystem Health (28h)
Sensor Number: 244
IPMB Slave Address: 10h
Sensor Owner ID: 20h
Sensor Owner LUN: 0h
Channel Number: 0h
Entity ID: Management Controller Firmware (46)
Entity Instance: 97
Entity Instance Type: Physical Entity
Event/Reading Type Code: 7h
Sensor Direction: Unspecified
Assertion Event Enabled: 'transition to Critical from less severe'
Assertion Event Enabled: 'transition to Non-recoverable from less severe'
Deassertion Event Enabled: 'transition to Critical from less severe'
Deassertion Event Enabled: 'transition to Non-recoverable from less severe'
Share Count: 1
ID String Instance Modifier Type: Numeric
ID String Instance Modifier Offset: 0
Entity Instance Sharing: Same for all records
Sensor State: N/A
Sensor Event: 'OK'

Record ID: 17
Record Type: Compact Sensor Record (2h)
ID String: PSU Mismatch
Sensor Type: Power Unit (9h)
Sensor Number: 208
IPMB Slave Address: 10h
Sensor Owner ID: 20h
Sensor Owner LUN: 0h
Channel Number: 0h
Entity ID: power unit/power domain (19)
Entity Instance: 1
Entity Instance Type: Logical Container Entity
Event/Reading Type Code: 7h
Sensor Direction: Unspecified
Assertion Event Enabled: 'transition to Critical from less severe'
Deassertion Event Enabled: 'transition to Critical from less severe'
Share Count: 0
ID String Instance Modifier Type: Numeric
ID String Instance Modifier Offset: 0
Entity Instance Sharing: Same for all records
Sensor State: N/A
Sensor Event: 'transition to OK'

Record ID: 18
Record Type: Compact Sensor Record (2h)
ID String: PS Heavy Load
Sensor Type: Power Unit (9h)
Sensor Number: 209
IPMB Slave Address: 10h
Sensor Owner ID: 20h
Sensor Owner LUN: 0h
Channel Number: 0h
Entity ID: power unit/power domain (19)
Entity Instance: 1
Entity Instance Type: Logical Container Entity
Event/Reading Type Code: 3h
Sensor Direction: Unspecified
Assertion Event Enabled: 'State Asserted'
Deassertion Event Enabled: 'State Asserted'
Share Count: 0
ID String Instance Modifier Type: Numeric
ID String Instance Modifier Offset: 0
Entity Instance Sharing: Same for all records
Sensor State: N/A
Sensor Event: 'State Deasserted'

Record ID: 58
Record Type: Compact Sensor Record (2h)
ID String: XCC FW Corrupted
Sensor Type: System Firmware Progress (Fh)
Sensor Number: 14
IPMB Slave Address: 10h
Sensor Owner ID: 20h
Sensor Owner LUN: 0h
Channel Number: 0h
Entity ID: System Management Software (33)
Entity Instance: 1
Entity Instance Type: Physical Entity
Event/Reading Type Code: 3h
Sensor Direction: Unspecified
Assertion Event Enabled: 'State Asserted'
Deassertion Event Enabled: 'State Asserted'
Share Count: 0
ID String Instance Modifier Type: Numeric
ID String Instance Modifier Offset: 0
Entity Instance Sharing: Same for all records
Sensor State: N/A
Sensor Event: 'OK'

Record ID: 60
Record Type: Compact Sensor Record (2h)
ID String: Low Security Jmp
Sensor Type: Management Subsystem Health (28h)
Sensor Number: 17
IPMB Slave Address: 10h
Sensor Owner ID: 20h
Sensor Owner LUN: 0h
Channel Number: 0h
Entity ID: System Management Software (33)
Entity Instance: 1
Entity Instance Type: Physical Entity
Event/Reading Type Code: 8h
Sensor Direction: Unspecified
Assertion Event Enabled: 'Device Inserted/Device Present'
Deassertion Event Enabled: 'NONE'
Share Count: 0
ID String Instance Modifier Type: Numeric
ID String Instance Modifier Offset: 0
Entity Instance Sharing: Same for all records
Sensor State: N/A
Sensor Event: 'Device Removed/Device Absent'

Record ID: 61
Record Type: Compact Sensor Record (2h)
ID String: Phy Presence Jmp
Sensor Type: System Firmware Progress (Fh)
Sensor Number: 28
IPMB Slave Address: 10h
Sensor Owner ID: 20h
Sensor Owner LUN: 0h
Channel Number: 0h
Entity ID: System Management Software (33)
Entity Instance: 1
Entity Instance Type: Physical Entity
Event/Reading Type Code: 8h
Sensor Direction: Unspecified
Assertion Event Enabled: 'Device Inserted/Device Present'
Deassertion Event Enabled: 'Device Inserted/Device Present'
Share Count: 0
ID String Instance Modifier Type: Numeric
ID String Instance Modifier Offset: 0
Entity Instance Sharing: Same for all records
Sensor State: N/A
Sensor Event: 'Device Removed/Device Absent'

Record ID: 77
Record Type: Compact Sensor Record (2h)
ID String: RAID Log
Sensor Type: System Event (12h)
Sensor Number: 9
IPMB Slave Address: 10h
Sensor Owner ID: 20h
Sensor Owner LUN: 0h
Channel Number: 0h
Entity ID: add-in card (11)
Entity Instance: 1
Entity Instance Type: Physical Entity
Event/Reading Type Code: 7h
Sensor Direction: Unspecified
Assertion Event Enabled: 'transition to Non-Critical from OK'
Assertion Event Enabled: 'transition to Critical from less severe'
Deassertion Event Enabled: 'transition to Non-Critical from OK'
Deassertion Event Enabled: 'transition to Critical from less severe'
Share Count: 0
ID String Instance Modifier Type: Numeric
ID String Instance Modifier Offset: 0
Entity Instance Sharing: Same for all records
Sensor State: N/A
Sensor Event: 'OK'

Regards

Michael