[Freeipmi-users] kernel: ipmi-sensors:9047 map pfn expected mapping

From: FRANK Michael
Subject: [Freeipmi-users] kernel: ipmi-sensors:9047 map pfn expected mapping
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2019 13:28:36 +0000

Hello,

I have updated to freeipmi.x86_64   1.5.7-2.el7   on CentOS 7 and now I see
tons of the following log entries:

kernel: ipmi-sensors:9047 map pfn expected mapping type uncached-minus for [mem
0xbfef1000-0xbfef1fff], got write-back

After googling I found out that it comes from a kernel module which should not
be in place anymore in CentOS 7.
I know that I have to deal with the CentOS maintainers to discuss this but
until I have an answer and a fix I just want to ask the experts if I can simply
remove this messages from rsyslog and ignore them.
Or is there another way to get rid of except compiling a new kernel which is
not an option for me?

Any help is much appreciated

Michael

This electronic transmission (and any attachments thereto) is intended solely
for the use of the addressee(s). It may contain confidential or legally
privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient of this message,
you must delete it immediately and notify the sender. Any unauthorized use or
disclosure of this message is strictly prohibited.  Faurecia does not guarantee
the integrity of this transmission and shall therefore never be liable if the
message is altered or falsified nor for any virus, interception or damage to
your system.