Re: [Freeipmi-users] Free ipmi 1.6.3 ipmi-sel command exits with a error

From: Albert Chu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-users] Free ipmi 1.6.3 ipmi-sel command exits with a error on some quanta servers
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2019 16:18:33 -0700

Hi Stephen,

While skimming code, it occurred to me that if we don't bother to
calculate column widths for pretty output, ipmi-sel might work for you.

1) does "ipmi-sel --legacy-output" work

the output is ugly and not as useful as the pretty output (lacks
information from newer releases), but it's something for you
temporarily

2) does "ipmi-sel --comma-separated-output"

skimming through code, I think I may stupidly calculate columns widths
even though the user requested comma separated output.  So maybe this
won't work and is something I need to fix.

If #1 works, then that gives us a relatively simple avenue for a fix.
If sensor units aren't available, just don't use that record's sensor
units in column width calculations.

There could be additional problems if the vendor actually outputs a
real event that needs information from that SDR record.  But I would
consider that unlikely.

Al