[Freeipmi-users] SDR cache not updated

From: FRANK Michael
Subject: [Freeipmi-users] SDR cache not updated
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2021 16:23:16 +0000

Hello,

we use ipmi-sensors with the option --sdr-cache-recreate In a script which is
scheduled every minute for monitoring purpose.
On one of our sites we had a lot of false positive events on two servers ( see
attached logs).
Finally, I found out that the SDR cache file was already 3 years old. After
flushing the cache all sensors went back to normal. The only thing was that 11
sensors left had been discovered.

My question is now how this option --sdr-cache-recreate is working and what can
I do to let ipmi-sensors automatically refresh the cache file in case something
changes on the remote end.
I am worried about what happen if new FRUs are added. If the cache file is not
updated with new sensors, we miss the monitoring of newly added things,

Any help is much appreciated

Michael FRANK
Supervisor Global Monitoring Architecture
Faurecia Clean Mobility
T +49 821 4103 420 ● M +49 171 9967 206
michael.frank@faurecia.com
Faurecia Emissions Control Technologies, Germany GmbH - Biberbachstraße 9 –
86154 Augsburg – Germany

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Augsburg - Registergericht Augsburg HR B 20757
Geschäftsführer: Yves Andres, Silke Krome, Soeren Peters
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Mathias Miedreich

This electronic transmission (and any attachments thereto) is intended solely
for the use of the addressee(s). It may contain confidential or legally
privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient of this message,
you must delete it immediately and notify the sender. Any unauthorized use or
disclosure of this message is strictly prohibited.  Faurecia does not guarantee
the integrity of this transmission and shall therefore never be liable if the
message is altered or falsified nor for any virus, interception or damage to
your system.