Re: [Freeipmi-users] What is the FreeIPMI command to set IPMI username a

From: Ole Holm Nielsen
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-users] What is the FreeIPMI command to set IPMI username and password?
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2023 08:28:02 +0200

Hi Al,

Thanks for the pointer to the ipmi-config.conf(5) man-page. Probably the config section for Section User2 is the relevant one for my simple question.

But I still cannot identify any Freeipmi command to perform an in-band setting of username and password for the initial setup of remote login to the BMC, corresponding to the ipmitool commands listed below. Can you help me with a command example?

Thanks,
Ole