gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] omitting duplicates in apropos and apropos-list

From: John Paul Wallington
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] omitting duplicates in apropos and apropos-list
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 03:57:06 +0000

Camm Maguire wrote:

>  I think someone else on the list had earlier investigated and
>  determined that the existing behavior was what was called for by
>  the spec.

The hyperspec says:

"Because a symbol might be available by way of more than one inheritance path,
apropos might print information about the same symbol more than once, or
apropos-list might return a list containing duplicate symbols."

I think that means implementations purporting to conform might return
duplicates (and that users cannot act too suprised if that happens) or
they might suppress duplicates.  The patch mimics what GNU CLISP does.