gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] metering.lisp

From: Vadim V. Zhytnikov
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] metering.lisp
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 00:17:51 +0300

Martin RUBEY ?????:
On 24 Feb 2003, Camm Maguire wrote:

Greetings!
1) GCL now follows the ansi behavior of reporting an error when
  calling (in-package before (make-package.  In CLtL1, (in-package
  would make the package if necessary.  So I would recommend doing a
  (make-package, (or loading metering.lisp), loading the binary,
  doing a few (gbc t) calls, and (si::save-system "whatever").  It

what does si::save-system do?

  would be nice to get the package making statement in the .o file,
  but I don't know how to do it off the top of my head.

yes, this would be nice

2) What is consing information?

number of bytes consed.

Thanks