gcl-devel

RE: [Gcl-devel] GCL Windows installer release candidate 20030224

From: Mike Thomas
Subject: RE: [Gcl-devel] GCL Windows installer release candidate 20030224
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 14:46:58 +1000

Hi Michel.

| I would suggest to omit the "start" in the gcl.bat file, as it produces
| two command windows, one with Gcl and another being terminated (and thus
| useless)? Or maybe it is necessary for some reason I missed?

I remember now why a "start" is advisable.  We set environment variables in
the batch file, including the path, which would otherwise accrete each new
assignment if you repeatedly execute gcl.bat at a DOS prompt eg:

C:\>test.bat

C:\>set aa=;b

C:\>set aa
aa=;b

C:\>test.bat

C:\>set aa=;b;b

C:\>set aa
aa=;b;b

so I'm reverting to the other way.  Please feel free to modify your
installation locally however, or perhaps setup a different batch file for
DOS box command line startups to that used by the Desktop icon.

On Windows NT the first window exits once the new, independent process
starts so it is not a significant problem there.

Cheers

Mike Thomas