gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: UFFI and GCL

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: UFFI and GCL
Date: 26 Feb 2003 19:01:03 -0500

Greetings!

"Stavros Macrakis" <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi, Camm.
>
> I recently came across the CLSQL package (SQL access from Common Lisp)
> and it looks useful.  It in turn depends on UFFI.  I see in some older
> emails that UFFI is on your radar as something to add to GCL.  I was
> just curious about how that was going.  Any particular issues that need
> to be solved, or is it "just work"?
>
> I'd be glad to help if I can, but I suspect that the areas that need
> work are the areas I know the least about (build scripts, dynamic
> library management, etc.).

In general, I'd think UFFI for GCL should be straightforward, and its
the kind of thing I'd feel comfortable doing and would regard as
important/useful.  (i.e. maybe we should switch and you track down
some of the ANSI compliance stuff :-)).  Unfortunately, it won't get
done before the immanent release, which in turn means most likely not
until I get back in 3 months.

Take care,