gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] difficulties with, with-standard-io and defpackage

From: Jeff
Subject: [Gcl-devel] difficulties with, with-standard-io and defpackage
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 18:01:24 +1100

Hi,

I recently started using gcl to learn common lisp, but ran into a
problem or two.

If I'm not mistaken, with-standard-io does not appear to be in the
2.6.7 release, I get the message "Error: The function WITH-STANDARD-IO
is undefined".

I initially tried the latest cvs, but that wouldn't build, so I
checked out a slightly older one, using cvs's -D option, plucked a
date out of the air, 20070101.

This built ok, and with-standard-io works, but defpackage appears to
be undefined.

I've grown quite fond of gcl, despite these recent difficulties, could
perhaps one of the maintainers advise on the status of these things
(assuming I haven't got this all wrong).

Thank you