gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] GCL bug: *LOAD-PATHNAME* and *LOAD-TRUENAME* wrongly contain

From: Faré
Subject: [Gcl-devel] GCL bug: *LOAD-PATHNAME* and *LOAD-TRUENAME* wrongly contains inexistent .lisp extension
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 01:17:29 -0400

GCL (debian gclcvs-2.7.0-64.1, ansi mode) will fail to initialize
*load-pathname* and *load-truename* correctly when the loaded file has
no type, by wrongly assuming an type of .lisp. I think this is a bug
in GCL.

echo '(write *load-pathname*)(terpri)(quit)' > bar
GCL_ANSI=t gclcvs -load bar
==>
bar.lisp
(should be bar)

I stumbled upon that bug in cl-launch, because it contains a defsystem
:cl-launch and that errors out when asdf tries to call
resolve-symlinks on *load-pathname* (despite the redundancy). I fixed
cl-launch to specify a :pathname "/dev/null" in that defsystem.

Thanks a lot for bringing us GCL.

What you do today will cost you a day of your life.