gcl-devel

Re: [Maxima] [Gcl-devel] Re: windows-only read patch

From: Vadim V. Zhytnikov
Subject: Re: [Maxima] [Gcl-devel] Re: windows-only read patch
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 14:55:10 +0300

Vadim, could you please try adding

/*   How to check for input */
#undef LISTEN_FOR_INPUT
#define LISTEN_FOR_INPUT(fp) \
do { int c = 0; \
  if(((fp)->_IO_read_ptr >= (fp)->_IO_read_end) \
     && (ioctlsocket((fp)->_fileno, FIONREAD, &c),c<=0)) \
     return 0;} while (0)

to mingw.h?  You may need to either include "winsock.h" and or
"winsock2.h" in file.d.

Thank you so much for your help here.  If you know of a cross
compiling environment in which I can test these things under Linux, or
some remote mingw machine accessible via ssh, please let me know.

Hi Camm!

Please forgive me for very slow replies. Since
January I can do something for gcl only on weekends.
Hope to have more spare time an to be more responsive
in near future.

I've seen mingw32 cross compiler/binutils on Linux
(in Debian stable for example) but I never tried it.
And I don't really know how to test programs built
with this stuff on Linux.

As for some available Windows machine I would lend
my personal desktop for this purpose nut the trouble
is that it doesn't have real IP address, it is hidden
behind VPN server of my ISP.

OK, I attached the above #define LISTEN_FOR_INPUT(fp) to
the bottom of mingw.h.  In this case compilation fails
on file.d (see make.log) which indicates that winsock.h/
winsock2.h is required.  But if I put appropriate
include in the top of mingw.h (no matter winsock.h or
winsock2.h) that build fails almost instantly
in other place.  Plaease see make_ws2.log.

WBR,

Vadim

--
      Vadim V. Zhytnikov