gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: address@hidden: Re: request for windows gcl 2.6.8.help f

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: address@hidden: Re: request for windows gcl 2.6.8.help from address@hidden
Date: 11 May 2007 19:10:30 -0400

Greetings!

Matt Kaufmann <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi, Camm --
>
> As I mentioned, because of my Windows (and GCL) ignorance I'd prefer
> to help by building/testing ACL2 on top of an already-built GCL 2.6.8,
> rather than by building GCL or running specific tests.  So I'm passing

No problem at all.  Even this assistance is most appreciated.

> along the following observations from Jared Davis directly to you
> (with his permission).  Jared also wondered to me whether you may find
> it easier to use Windows yourself, in which case we may be able to get
> you VNC access to our Windows machine here; or perhaps you'd find it
> easiest to obtain a $350 dual-core Dell or what-not.

We're all terribly short of time.  Perhaps if everything else is
completely solid, I may find some time to make use of remote access.
This would make most sense if the following were available (as opposed
to vnc)

1. remote ssh access.
2. bash like shell
3. gcc and gdb and mingw pre-installed

The learning curve for me otherwise appears formidable.

> Anyhow, if you want me to try to arrange VNC access to our Windows
> machine, let me know.

Thank you so much.  It would probably be useful.  Any chance of 1-3
above though?

If cygwin is closer to unix, as I believe it is, I'd certainly be
interested in investigating this as an alternative.  If your machine
has this environment available as well and you could tell me how to
toggle, that would be great too.

Take care,