gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Two questions about 2.6.8pre ANSI

From: jeff
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Two questions about 2.6.8pre ANSI
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 17:02:36 +0000

1. I built an ordinary 2.6.8pre yesterday  Can I build an
ANSI one too, in the same directory, and have both, or do
I need to make a separate copy?

2. Briefly, how ANSI is it?  I'm asking because I have an
AI planning system (O-Plan) that used to work in plain GCL,
and I'd like to get it going again in a recent version.
O-Plan's also worked in Lucid and ACL, so adapting to an
ANSI CL shouldn't be a big problem, but it spent years
longer in GCL and I'd like to get it going in GCL again
quickly.  On the other hand, ANSI's better for the longer
term.

So, if ANSI GCL is "ANSI enough" I'd probably go the ANSI
route.  But I don't want to move to a GCL that's, say,
kinda half way between.

BTW, though I say it's been in plain GCL, I added defpackage
and loop using publicly available sources, and I used a
CLOS subset I wrote myself, so having solid versions of
those features would be nice.

-- Jeff