gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: defpackage in gcl-2.7.0

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: defpackage in gcl-2.7.0
Date: 14 Jan 2008 15:29:00 -0500

Greetings!

Waldek Hebisch <address@hidden> writes:

> I am retrying FriCAS build with gcl-2.7.0.  However, trying CLTL
> version I do not see defpackage macro:
>
> >(apropos "DEFPACKAGE")
> COMPILER::DEFPACKAGE
>
> I wonder if this is deliberate ommision (I can work around lack
> of defpackage) or problem that should be fixed.  I am currently
> using cvs version from December 19.

I was planning to have the cltl1 image of 2.7.0 contain only what was
there before I started working on GCL, but this may be excessively
disruptive.  In brief, ansi has traditional plus the contents of mod/,
pcl/, and clcs/.  We can surely be flexible here.  Thoughts on this
most welcome.

Take care,