gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: gazonk file clashes

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: gazonk file clashes
Date: 05 Sep 2008 13:13:37 -0400

Greetings!

Are you using the latest 2.6.8pre?  If so, the gazonk names should be
as follows:

(import 'si::*tmp-dir* 'compiler)
(defun gazonk-name ()
  (dotimes (i 1000)
   (let ((tem (merge-pathnames
               (format nil "~agazonk_~d_~d.lsp" (if (boundp '*tmp-dir*)
*tmp-dir* "") (abs (si::getpid)) i))))
    (unless (probe-file tem)
     (return-from gazonk-name (pathname tem)))))
 (error "1000 gazonk names used already!"))

i.e. /tmp/gazonk_14807_0, etc.

I'm hoping make -j starts gcl images with new pid's, which should
remove the conflict.  If not, one could (si::mkdir ..) and set
compiler::*tmp-dir*.

2.7.0 has the following nifty mechanism:

(defmacro with-temp-file ((s pn) (tmp ext) &rest body)
  `(let* ((,s (temp-stream ,tmp ,ext))
          (,pn (stream-object1 ,s)))
     (unwind-protect (progn ,@body) (progn (close ,s) (delete-file
  ,s)))))

where temp-stream uses the underlying UNIX unique filehandle
mechanism.  Perhaps gazonk should use this.

Please let me know if problems persist.