gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] How to submit GCL patches

From: Donald Winiecki
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] How to submit GCL patches
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 16:29:58 -0700

Hi Jerry, and all.

I'm not on the developer list.  Sometime in the last year I started asking questions about a Win32 port of the GCL project and why the most recent Win32 was not up to date with the most recent Linux version.  Camm and Gaby, and Mike Thomas (who has now left the project) provided a little bit of support and I'm now able to contribute Win32 builds.

I should also say that as a sociologist I am not very active in programming, though I am building a simulation in a multi-agent dialect of Logo to help me with my research.  Lisp is a curiosity to me primarily because its functional style has always been a bit more sensible to me than the more common imperative style.  I'm much more familiar with Logo but not in its most common `kids toy/tool' instantiation, rather from research I did during an earlier degree in which I was able to use its simpler-than-Lisp, but still very powerful nature, in research I was doing at the time.

Looking forward to seeing action on the list, though I don't really need more to do at the time.

_don

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Don Winiecki, Ed.D., Ph.D.
Professor
Boise State University, College of Engineering
Department of Instructional & Performance Technology

1910 University Drive, Boise, Idaho 83725-2070 USA
E-mail: address@hidden
WWW:
http://ipt.boisestate.edu
Telephone: (+01) 208 426 1899