gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] cvs make on redhat 5.0

From: Jim Ward
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] cvs make on redhat 5.0
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 08:57:34 -0600

I have dependencies problems. Redhat 5.x normally works pretty well with Fedora 6/7/8, 9 and 10 I have a lot of problems with seems like names changes or something. Anyway, I get the following errors rpmbuild:
rpmbuild -ba gcl.spec
        tex(latex) is needed by gcl-2.6.8-0.3.20090303cvs.noarch
        xemacs-devel is needed by gcl-2.6.8-0.3.20090303cvs.noarch
        xemacs-packages-extra is needed by gcl-2.6.8-0.3.20090303cvs.noarch

Can't find tex(latex) version?
  have tetex-latex-3.0-33.2.el5_1.2 install

Xemacs was removed from the redhat/centos 5.x dist. I have a version I built and put into /usr/local for everyone to use.

--
Jim Ward

A man has made at least a start on discovering the meaning of human
life when he plants shade trees under which he knows full well he
will never sit.
                - Elton Trueblood