gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: Visit

From: Matt Kaufmann
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: Visit
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 11:23:56 -0500

Hi --

The most useful profiling info to me is just a call tree, showing how
long we're inside each function and, for each function, how long we're
inside of each call within that function.  I use the Allegro CL
profiler and that's what it gives me; it's been a long time since I
used GCL's, so I don't recall what I get from gprof.

Even though I don't use the other things you mentioned, perhaps I
would if I knew how.  But even then, probably just time is what I'll
care about.

Of course, those who write a lot of Common Lisp (as opposed to ACL2)
might have different needs/wants than I!  Anyhow, having a simple way
to profile in GCL as one gets with Allegro CL would be cool.

Thanks --
-- Matt