gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] gcl-2.6.8

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: [Gcl-devel] gcl-2.6.8
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 17:42:21 -0400

Greetings!  Just a heads up on the status.  Thanks to R. Krug's
machine, I have an (as yet uncommitted) patch which builds gcl on all
3 flavors of macs (ppc, x86 10.5, and x86 10.6) , and windows emulated
under wine, which build maxima and acl2 passing all tests.  Will be
adding axiom to the test suite, then commit, then finalize 2.6.8.

The 10.6 build is 32bit at the moment.  It appears that this is a hard
limit at the present time due to gcc miscompiling gmp in 64bits.

Donald, I think this patch will enable you to build natively under
windows too.  It would be great if we could test this when its ready
in a few days.  I have a few questions for you regarding paths and
windows installers.

I'll send out a note when the commit is in.

Take care,