gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] ASDF 2.016 released

From: Faré
Subject: [Gcl-devel] ASDF 2.016 released
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2011 21:39:09 -0400

Dear GCL developers,

below is the announcement for ASDF 2.016, as posted on the
asdf-announce mailing-list, also accessible via its gmane mirror
gmane.lisp.asdf.announce. Please have me take your list off my
forwarding aliases if unappropriate.

Can you upgrade GCL 2.7.0 to ship with the latest ASDF?
There is a lot of breakage due to conditions notably,
but when I manage to not raise them, it seems of works.

I recommend that you have (require :asdf) working as well as (require "asdf").

I'm told that the 2.6 branch is more active than 2.7 —
if so can you make it work with ASDF?
In addition to proper conditions, (setf foo) functions are notably lacking,
and so are () destructuring arguments in defmacro.
There could possibly be further issues once these are solved.

Also, I tried to checkout your latest CVS from
cvs -d :pserver:address@hidden:/sources/gcl co gcl
but it miserably fails to compile on a recent Debian linux amd64.
I reported that issue on the list previously, to no avail.
Can you fix that?

License Agreement: By reading this message, you agree to run around the room
which you are currently in, flapping your arms, and squawking like a chicken.