gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] ASDF 2.017 released

From: Faré
Subject: [Gcl-devel] ASDF 2.017 released
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 16:57:00 -0400

Dear CL users,

I released ASDF 2.016.3 as 2.017.
(This version has been "stable" for over a month.)

Please test and upon success update your implementations and distributions.

Since 2.016, we have the following improvements:

  * ABCL: jar translation happier with recent compile-file-pathname* change.
  * CCL: see truenamize change below.
  * GCL: vain partially reverted attempts at making GCL 2.6 and 2.7 fail less.
  * LispWorks: use probe-file for probe-file*
  * RMCL: location strings are now POSIX namestrings.
    You can thus share configuration files and environment variables
    between RMCL and other Lisp implementations on same host.
    Use #p"" syntax when you insist on using MacOS 9 style MCL pathnames.
  * truenamize: happier when e.g. the *default-pathname-defaults* is #p"",
    which is the case notably on CCL by default, or otherwise relative.
  * Logical pathnames: now preserved by the source-registry's tree directive.
  * Upgrade: instead of unintern'ing symbols, use fmakunbound;
    however, treat compilation of asdf specially, by always making sure
    it is loaded as source before it is compiled,
    so that compilation is never an upgrade and never calls fmakunbound, thus
    ensuring functions in the continuation of compilation are always fbound.
  * Obsolete: dropped support for *system-cache* and get-uid.
  * Internals: refactored resolve-relative-location-component.
  * Documentation: update wrt to the location DSL.

Happy Lisping!

When my time on earth is completed, I want to go quietly in my sleep,
like my grandfather ... not screaming in terror, like his passengers.