gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] asdf 2.23 released

From: Faré
Subject: [Gcl-devel] asdf 2.23 released
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 11:21:42 -0400

NB: I haven't been able to compile a new GCL from source in ages, and
debian has abandoned it for the same reason I suppose. Can you make a
new release of it and include a recent asdf? (Last I tried, asdf only
works on the 2.7 branch, but a bug in the compiler made it not work
and there hasn't been a release with the bug fix yet.) From the
mailing-list activity, it looks like GCL is not quite dead, but it
doesn't look very usable to me without working asdf support.

I am pleased to announce the release of ASDF 2.23.
Since previous release 2.22, the changes are as follow:

  * add new :compile-check argument to compile-file* and around-compile-hook.
    This allows for consistency check of .fasl output before the file can
    possibly be seen by other builds (i.e. no race condition).
    This change makes the asdf-finalizers extension possible.

  * export more utilities for dealing with pathnames from environment.

These changes are few and subtle, but nonetheless
significant to those who'd use these features.

As usual, developers, please test and enjoy,
vendors, please update your implementation or distribution.

The pleasure of citizens discussing politics is a powertrip by proxy. By
identifying themselves to the masters, they wallow in slavery.