gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Misc Windows

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Misc Windows
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 16:32:49 -0400

Greetings, and thank you so much again for making your environment
available!

Things are basically working now.  It turns out we have to hardcode the
heap start address on windows as subsequent reexec's must use the same
address (e.g. recreate_heap), and the addresses VirtualAlloc typically
defaults to (< 0x10000000) are not reliably reuseable, whereas those
above this cutoff appear to be.

We are autoprobing the heap size now, and have a nice ~ 2Gb to work with
on win7.

There are a few instabilities which appear unrelated to gcl:

1) I'm experiencing misc bugs when I add certain C optimization flags.
I noticed your gcc is very old, 3.3.  Can this be upgraded?

2) A fresh git clone followed by git checkout fails as it thinks I've
modified debian/control, which is not the case.  I don't see this on
other machines.

Anyway, please feel free to try things out and let me know if you see
any issues.

Take care,