gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Compiling GCL

From: Raymond Toy
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Compiling GCL
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 09:58:35 -0700

    Far> Exploring http://www.reddit.com/r/lisp/ I realized that GCL 2.6.8 and
    Far> 2.6.9 had been released. Congratulations!

    Far> I'm not sure what happened to the GCL 2.7.0 code that was once made
    Far> available in Debian, and when compiling your code from git master, it
    Far> displays 2.7.0, so I'm confused — maybe you have a document somewhere
    Far> to unconfuse me.

    Far> Anyway, in the vague hope that I could port ASDF to better work on
    Far> GCL, I tried to compile and install gcl (from git branch master,
    Far> commit 92d9d52591c281218cf85a21dfb40a40a1424574) on my Linux amd64
    Far> Ubuntu 12.04.3 laptop, and ultimately failed to install it.

I'm not an expert, but I would recommend checking out the 2.6.9 or
2.6.10pre branches instead of using branch master. I was able to
compile both of those branches myself on an linux box for the first
time in a very long time. I was not able to configure/build on the
master branch.

It would be very cool to have asdf working with gcl!

Ray