gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Compiling GCL

From: Faré
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Compiling GCL
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2013 00:35:33 -0500

Dear Camm,

yes, things are better now, but still not good.

The pathnames test hurts my brain. I can never remember how this thing works.
Nevertheless it appears that GCL doesn't like logical-pathnames,
and doesn't like pathnames without a type.

Am I correct that delete-file fails to signal a file-error, but only a
simple-error?

Several failures look like "foo is not of type (OR NULL CHARACTER STRING)"
this probably comes from strcat, and might have to do with multiple
string types.

TEST ABORTED: Condition in LAMBDA [or a callee]:
INTERNAL-SIMPLE-TYPE-ERROR:
CONDITIONS::INTERNAL-SIMPLE-LOAD-SYSTEM-DEFINITION-ERROR is not of
type (SATISFIES CONDITIONS::CONDITION-CLASS-P): Not a condition type:
CONDITIONS::INTERNAL-SIMPLE-LOAD-SYSTEM-DEFINITION-ERROR
There's something wrong in your condition system implementation, it seems.

Also, can I get decent backtraces? How?

They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the
Wright brothers.  But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown.
                — Carl Sagan