gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] asdf

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: [Gcl-devel] asdf
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2013 15:09:42 -0500

Fahre writes:

> Ping?
>
> One function that fails to return the same thing when compiled vs
> interpreted is REDUCE/STRCAT from uiop/utility.lisp.

Thanks!  Should be fixed now.

> Another function that behaves in a weird way is configure-asdf from
> test/script-support.lisp, whereby the form
> (acall :pathname-directory-pathname (nth-value 2 (acall :locate-system
> :test-asdf)))
> returns NIL when (load-asdf) is run, vs the proper answer (the
> pathname of .../asdf/test/) when (configure-asdf) is run directly.
> Possibly, the fact that the functions are being (re)defined while
> (load-asdf) is run is confusing GCL. Or maybe there's a problem with
> multiple-values in some operation mode.

Thanks!  No longer the case, perhaps resolved when the above was fixed.

> Can you look into it? There are other failures, but these are show stoppers.

A few more tests pass now.  Thanks for your reports!  It would still be
a bit easier if you could give me step by step instructions to reproduce
a failure -- I don't know where any of these functions are, or what has
to be loaded, etc.

Take care,