gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] ftp.gnu.org directory listing omits latest gcl release [

From: Matt Kaufmann
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] ftp.gnu.org directory listing omits latest gcl release [Re: gcl-2.6.10 availability]
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2014 09:41:33 -0600

Thanks!  That hadn't occurred to me.  In the ACL2 instructions I'll
point out that sorting may be necessary.

-- Matt
   From: Camm Maguire <address@hidden>
   Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden
   Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2014 10:34:38 -0500

   Greetings!  Its there, but the ftp server is apparently truncating the
   directory list, which is unfortunate given the default sort order places
   the latest release at the bottom.  If you click twice on 'Last Modified'
   to sort in descending chronological order, you will see the file.

   Needless to say, this is unsatisfactory.  I'm cc'ing savannah to see if
   they can address this.  A likely workaround is to move some files into
   the old subdirectory.  I'll try to get to this later today.

   Matt Kaufmann <address@hidden> writes:

   > Hi, Camm --
   >
   > I see that GCL 2.6.10 isn't available at:
   >
   > ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/gcl/
   >
   > That's perhaps surprising, since I got there from
   > http://www.gnu.org/software/gcl/ (both by clicking on "Download" at
   > the top and on "Get Latest Release").
   >
   > I assume though that the following instructions are adequate -- I hope
   > so, since I'm finishing up (I hope) an ACL2 6.4 release!
   >
   > ==============================
   >
   > You can get GCL 2.6.10 as follows (assuming you have <code>git</code>
   > installed):
   >
   > <pre>
   > git clone git://git.sv.gnu.org/gcl.git
   > cd gcl
   > git checkout Version_2_6_10
   > cd gcl
   > </pre>
   >
   > ==============================
   >
   > By the way, the structure of the ACL2 6.4 release will be a bit
   > different from that of the ACL2 6.3 release (mainly because of a
   > change in how documentation is processed).  Maybe though this won't
   > affect your Debian release.  If it turns out you need help with that,
   > let me know.  When I finish the ACL2 6.4 release (probably tomorrow),
   > I'll set up the usual link for the Debian watch script.

   A truly blistering release pace you keep there, Matt!  Congratulations!

   Take care,
   --
   Camm Maguire                                     address@hidden