gcl-devel

Re: gcl-2.6.13 released [stable]

From: Jerry James
Subject: Re: gcl-2.6.13 released [stable]
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2022 08:44:58 -0700

On Wed, Dec 21, 2022 at 10:31 AM Camm Maguire <camm@maguirefamily.org> wrote:
> My strong guess is that you are using gcc-12.  There is a known bug
> therein preventing gcl from using it until fixed.  I anticipate this
> won't take too long, so have not put any configure checks etc. in the
> way.

> Please let me know if problems persist with gcc <= 11.  You should be
> able to do CC=gcc-11 ./configure .... when building gcl and that will
> take care of it.

I don't know about Gentoo, but in Fedora 36 and 37, there is no gcc 11
package.  GCC 12 is all we get (currently version 12.2.1).

I have discovered that adding -fno-tree-vrp to the build flags makes
your example compile successfully (found by doing a binary search on
the optimization flags added between -O1, where the example works, and
-O2, where it does not).
--
Jerry James
http://www.jamezone.org/