Re: [Gluster-devel] close() blocks until flush-behind finishes

From: Raghavendra G
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] close() blocks until flush-behind finishes
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 10:53:35 +0530

Hi Paul,

The option flush-behind makes only the flush call as background. However it waits for all the writes to complete, so that it can return the application errors (if any) happened while syncing them to server. The mail thread you gave for reference [2] also contains discussion about concerns regarding flush-behind not waiting till write-syncs are complete and related explanation.
http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.file-systems.gluster.user/3361

regards,
Raghavendra.