Re: [Gluster-devel] inodes

From: Emmanuel Dreyfus
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] inodes
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 18:33:29 +0200

Amar Tumballi <address@hidden> wrote:

> The file's inode (ie, 'stat->st_ino') is the one you see with ls -i (or
> 'stat') command. This can be different, and in glusterfs, this will be a
> value returned from backend filesystem (in master branch it will be
> lower 8bytes of gfid value).

Right. I fixed many confusions between nodeid and ino, but now I tend to
get an unreliable behavior from READDIR. Sometime the ino fits the value
I get through LOOKUP, sometimes it does not.

For instance, a directrories' correct ino (as reported by LOOKUP) is
264083456, but sometime READDIR gives me 383731716

On the backends the trusted.gfid attributes are correct and coherent:
20 95 82 15 fe aa 46 48 ac de 5f 3e 8d a7 76 e5

But none of the value above (16 df 48 04 and 0f bd 98 00) match the 8
lower bytes of gfid. This is 3.2.3

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
http://hcpnet.free.fr/pubz