Re: [Gluster-devel] inodes

From: Amar Tumballi
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] inodes
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 10:21:53 +0530

On 10/29/2011 11:43 AM, Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
Emmanuel Dreyfus<address@hidden>  wrote:

So that means stat inode is afr_itransform'ed but not readdir inode,
which is be the opposite of what I said earlier.

That beahviour is fixed by making sure readdir and readdirp get the same
afr_itransform treatment.
But doing so means restoring a afr_itransform() that was removed by the
patch backporting the inode-generated-from-gfid  feature from HEAD. So I
suspect I do it the wrong way around, and instead of adding
afr_itransform() to readdirp_cbk(), I should remove it evrywhere it
remains in afr code, that is from afr_fresh_lookup_cbk() and
afr_revalidate_lookup_cbk().

What is the goal? Should afr_itransform() be completely killed?

Yes. That is right. Also dht_itransform should go. To achieve that in release-3.2 branch, below patches should go in.

http://review.gluster.com/632 <-- for replicate itransform removing
http://review.gluster.com/613 <--- for distribute itransform removing.

Sorry for delaying answering it in one shot. most of us were away as it was a festive season here in India. (and one of my replies was from mobile device, so couldn't enter all these).

Regards,
Amar