[Gluster-devel] summary of differences from local fs/NFS

From: Kazuo Moriwaka
Subject: [Gluster-devel] summary of differences from local fs/NFS
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2011 16:14:41 +0900

Hello,

Now, I'm searching $subject to check what application is match for
glusterfs.  I picked some differences from sources, bugzilla pages,or
archived e-mails, but it may not be a good way to approach...
If already there are some notes or wiki pages, please teach me it.

only 3 items are in my list now:

from local FS:

 - order of operation between two system calls are not guaranteed.
     http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/gluster-devel/2011-09/msg00002.html

from NFS:

 - open same file twice in same process can be break the file.
     http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/gluster-devel/2011-09/msg00010.html

Known issues:

 - rename(2) is not atomic (bug 1034)

--